- BA University of California at Berkeley, Design
- MA University of Victoria, Counselling Psychology
- DEd McGill University, Educational Psychology and Counselling
- 2004 – ongoing
- Clinical Psychologist, Vancouver Coastal Health, Vancouver General Hospital, Brief Intervention Unit: 0.5 FTE providing psychological assessments for an inpatient, psychiatric unit; consulting to team; working individually and in groups with patients on the ward.
- 1997 – 2004
- Psychologist, Vancouver Coaster Health Authority, North Shore/Coast Garibaldi Mental Health Services, Assessment & Treatment Services (ATS): 0.5 FTE providing individual, couples, family & group therapy for adults with eating disorders and other psychiatric diagnoses.
- 1994 – 1995
- Clinical Psychologist, Mount Currie Reserve: worked with children at the school, and adult mental health at the health centre
- 1992 – ongoing
- Clinical Psychologist, Private Practice: individual, couples, family and group therapy.
- 1991 – 2000
- Clinical Psychologist, Wilson Banwell and Associates: Employee Assistance counselling to individuals, couples & families.
- 1989 – 1992
- Child & Youth Coordinator, North Shore Community Mental Health Centre: assessment & psychotherapy for severely disturbed children & adolescents & their families; consultation to residential caregivers & Ministry of Social Services social workers; contract management; community planning & case conferencing meetings.
- 1983 – 1986
- Clinical Psychologist, BC Provincial Mental Health Centres (Smithers, Nelson, & Kelowna): assessment, consultation, & psychotherapy for individuals, couples, families & groups; children to the elderly; acute & chronic.
- 1981 – 1983
- Clinical Psychologist & Clinical Deputy Director, Department of National Defense, Alcohol Rehabilitation Clinic—Pacific Region: education, group & family therapy, program development, consulting, training & supervising in a 28-day residential treatment program.
- 1979 – 1981
- Counsellor, Drug & Alcohol Rehabilitation Society (DARS): individual, marital, family & group counselling for dependents and their collaterals.
- 1978 – 1979
- Detox Worker, Victoria Detox Centre
- Canadian Forces Policy Development on Alcoholism, Ottawa, Ontario.
- Alcohol Awareness Workshop for Greater Victoria Helping Professionals.
- 1979 – 1980
- Chair, Interagency Alcohol Awareness Committee
- Exploratory Study of the Long-term Unattached, Doctoral research, McGill University
- Guidelines for Course Content in Art Education, Faculty of Art Education, University of Victoria
- Personal Growth Self-Help Groups: Origins, Functions, Issues and Self-Reports of Participants, Master’s Thesis, University of Victoria
- Review of Literature & Annotated Bibliography on Primary Prevention, University of Victoria
Additional Training & Supervision
- 2007 – ongoing
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Program, Western Branch Canadian Psychoanalytic Society
- 1995 – 2004
- Psychoanalytic psychotherapy supervision groups with Dr. Hassan Azim (1995-1999), and Dr. Elie Debbane (2002-2004)
- Doctoral Internship, Allan Memorial Institute, Child & Adolescent Clinic, Montreal, Quebec
- 1979 – 1980
- Co-therapy & supervision with two psychologists & one psychiatrist
- 1975 – 1978
- Bioenergetic Analysis, therapy & professional training group
- Three-month Gestalt Therapy Training Group, Dr. Vance Peavey
- 1975 – 1986
- Two & five-day workshops on: Psychodrama, Psychotheatrics, Neurolinguistic Programming, Dream Therapy, Systems & Strategic Approaches to Family Therapy, Children’s Mental Health (Dr. Roy Holland), Treatment for Childhood Sexual Abuse, Spousal Abuse (victims), Borderline & Narcissistic Personality Disorders.