COVID-19 Psychological Service Protocol
To ensure ongoing safety for all, the following protocol is being put in place for the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as, other viral infections during and post-COVID-19.
General Guiding Principle
The general guiding principle for service delivery during the COVID-19 pandemic is that “in-person services must only proceed when the anticipated benefits of such services outweigh the risks to the client and the health care provider.” As we are in Phase 2 of the pandemic, telepsychology will be the preferred service until the “curve is flattened”. Exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis and in consideration of the current recommendations of the Provincial Health Officer. For in-person services, please observe the following protocol.
Please note that during the COVID-19 pandemic, I am obligated to provide contact information of any of my clients to appropriate health authorities for contact tracing when required.
- On principle, do not come in person to a session if you or anyone you live with have any of the following symptoms: cough, sore throat, fever, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, vomiting or diarrhea. If you have any of these symptoms, use the self-screening tool at: https://bc.thrive.health/Covid19/en and call 8-1-1 or visit www.healthlinkbc.ca.
- If you come down with these symptoms in less than 24 hours of a scheduled appointment, you will not be charged for a late cancellation; alternatively, you can choose to do an online session, for which you would be charged.
- If you have just returned from international travel or from hotspots within the USA within the last 14 days where you may have been exposed to COVID-19, please request an online session, even if you have no symptoms.
- If you have had contact with a person known to be infected with COVID-19 within the previous 14 days, do not attend in person, but request a video conferencing session instead.
Social Distancing Measures
- Keep a distance of 6 feet apart
- Use your own pen, when needed in a session, e.g., to fill in and/or sign forms
- Read (rather than swipe) credit card numbers to be manually entered on the payment processing website; cheques and cash will not be accepted
- No hand shaking or physical touch
- End sessions at the 50-minute mark to ensure social distancing in the waiting room, as well as, privacy and allowing time to disinfect for the next person
Infection Control and Disinfection Practices
- Chairs will be sprayed with disinfectant after each session
- Any pens used in the office will be wiped with disinfectants after use
- Please wear a mask to the appointment
Thank you for your cooperation with these inconvenient but necessary protective measures to reduce the spread of viral infections, especially COVID-19.